Below is everything you need including instructions for your students and a grading rubric and a Blackboard crib sheet so you can easily remember how to use the discussion board features.
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) published results from their survey on The Skills and Qualities Employers Value Most in Their New Hires on April 24th, 2014.
The following were considered of high importance:
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Ability to verbally communicate with persons inside and outside the organization
- Ability to obtain and process information
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work
- Ability to analyze quantitative data
- Technical knowledge related to the job
- Proficiency with computer software programs
- Ability to create and/or edit written reports
- Ability to sell or influence others
Select TWO of these employer preferences that you deem most important and create a Discussion Board question for each that you think would specifically assess these skills in your classes. Please note the specific skill set and your questions below. Denote one question for each of your selected skill sets predicated on Level III (applying) and Level IV (analyzing) of Bloom’s Taxonomy.
Documents to help you with this process are below. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Post a Comment